What is "Creeking"?
(PeteCresswell)
2007-07-28 21:36:24 UTC
I see the definition of "Creek Boat" at

http://paddling.about.com/od/kayakingterms/g/creekboats.htm

but I'm still trying to figure out what makes creek kayaking
different from whitewater kayaking.

Really, *really* shallow water?
PeteCresswell
Steve Cramer

BobCP
2007-07-29 10:43:31 UTC
Post by (PeteCresswell)
I see the definition of "Creek Boat" at
http://paddling.about.com/od/kayakingterms/g/creekboats.htm
but I'm still trying to figure out what makes creek kayaking
different from whitewater kayaking.
Really, *really* shallow water?
From the videos that I've seen, the gradient (ft/mile) exceeds the flow
(cfs), and the sliding friction of plastic on rocks is as important as
boat buoyancy.
ptomblin+ (Paul Tomblin)
2007-07-29 15:02:32 UTC
Post by BobCP
From the videos that I've seen, the gradient (ft/mile) exceeds the flow
(cfs), and the sliding friction of plastic on rocks is as important as
boat buoyancy.
Sounds like a movie I saw years ago at the Bill Mason Film Festival called
"Hairboating".
--
Paul Tomblin <***@xcski.com> http://blog.xcski.com/
"Those who share the wonder of wings form an incredible and powerful bond,